The 2017 Ottawa SchoolReach league wraps up tomorrow. The top 8 teams will play a round-robin, followed by a one-game match between consecutive-ranked teams (1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc). The same holds true for the lower flight of seven teams.
Some teams will have a chance at their best result ever. Here’s a look at the top flight’s previous best local results, at least as far back as 1999 for the most part:
- #1 Lisgar: 1st outright nine times (2001, 2004, 2006-07, 2010-12, 2015-16)
- #2 Glebe: 2nd once (2015)
- #3 Merivale: 1st outright four times (1999, 2002-03, 2013); Lisgar and Merivale had unresolved ties for 1st in 2008 and 2009
- #4 Osgoode: 5th once (1999), but that was out of six teams; they got 7th in 2012
- #5 Earl of March: 2nd once (2012)
- #6 St. Pius X: 15th twice (2015, 2016); this year will be their best result
- #7 Nepean: 1st once (1996), but I don’t have tournament details; they got 3rd in 2016
- #8 St. Paul: 4th once (2016)
I will live-tweet results from my room as I finish them. Hopefully, a live results table will continue to be available here.
Good luck to the teams!